At Fraserway PreKast Ltd, we are continually expanding our Vancouver and Lower Mainland operations. If you are considering a career with Fraserway and wish to be considered for a future position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate your preferred interest in administration, sales, engineering, plant operations, delivery drivers, rebar tyers or welders.
APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER AND RESUME
This is an exciting opportunity for a great candidate to join an established and growing company. Fraserway Prekast Ltd, a diverse manufacturer of precast concrete product. Has an immediate need for a full time shift supervisor at their facility in Langley, operating under the direction of the Warehouse Foreman. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for first line supervision and leadership for the production staff.
Job duties include:
- Organizing the distribution of work and monitoring progress toward Production Plan objectives
- Ensuring products exiting production meet strict CSA A23.4 Structural Non Pre-Stressed Standards Quality Control requirements
- Experience in precast industry is an asset
- Supervising Production staff
- Initiating, leading, and participating in continuous improvement and manufacturing of all products
- Performing production duties as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience in a Production/Manufacturing environment is a strong asset
- 2-5 years reading drawing and rebar layouts
- A strong command of English, written and spoken
- Prior experience leading and/or managing a team of 5-10 employees
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles is considered an asset
The ideal Shift Supervisor is an individual who is disciplined, self -confident, devoted, and possesses a customer-oriented attitude The Shift Supervisor will be working Monday to Friday and some Saturdays 7:00am to 4:00pm supervising between15-20 production staff.
The Shift Supervisor must possess the following personal skills:
- Able to direct, motivate, manage and support others
- Able to logically organize activities and take proactive action to meet production needs
- Able to multi-task and maintain focus in a high-pressure environment
- Able to creatively and effectively problem-solve
- Excellent time management skills
We offer health benefits, RRSP plan, and competitive wages.
Applicants who do not fit the criteria will not be considered.
Please send Resume to email@example.com
If you are interested in being part of our dynamic and fast growing team that values pride in workmanship, the ability to learn, an innovative and “have fun” personality, please submit your resume outlining your past work experience, skills and contact information.
At Fraserway Prekast you have the opportunity to work year-round, rain or shine, Monday to Friday 7:30-4:00 pm and available overtime. 80% of the work is under roofed work areas. This position is available immediately, with wage based on experience. Benefit Plans and RRSP’s also available.
- Experience in concrete work and basic carpentry an asset.
- Forklift experience an asset but not a requirement.
- Applicants should have the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Work in a team environment.
If you think this role looks like your next step, and you meet the above requirements, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a resume with experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 604-533-3238. Include the reference in the subject line: General Construction Labourers.
Posted: Jan 2018